The Legionnaire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Legionnaire

Official Legionnaire Alliance Ikariam Lambda Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to our official forum for all our beloving members and all -L- Alliance Network, due to lack of time, I have updated VRS old forum to -L- new forum.
I still need some graphic designers to design our new forum header (762 x 254 pixels) please let me know if you're interested on it Very Happy

Rankings System

Go down 
+2
IceD
paladin
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
paladin

paladin

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:15 am

This isn't a gripe about rankings system but I was wondering if the council has had any thoughts on changing or freshening up the system otherwise I am happy to continue being a bronze senior.The forum looks great,well done. santa
Back to top Go down
IceD
President of -L- Alliance
IceD

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:22 am

hahahahhahaa
nope...
actually that's my job to manage the rank system Very Happy
not the councils Razz
do you have any idea my friend?
Back to top Go down
http://legionnaire.alianceforum.com
paladin

paladin

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 7:53 am

The alliance seems to be getting a breath of fresh air through it which is great,maybe a rank system based on trade(trader-master merchant)or war perhaps.It was just a thought that popped into my head, I am happy to keep what we have. Cool
Back to top Go down
IceD
IceD

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:34 pm

war based?
like what?
Back to top Go down
vinnyo
Site Administrator
vinnyo

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 6:26 pm

One problem with that paladin. The ranking system is only based on players points. All we can control is the amount of points each level is. And the names of level.

Sure, we could make up special ranks for war veterans, councils, and trade...but we would need a basis for it first. Got any ranking idea? How would war, trade be measured?
Back to top Go down
http://ikariam.org
paladin

paladin

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 11:57 pm

Haha sorry I never put that much thought into it, scratch It was something that popped into my head.I know Ikariam is different but I play Grepolis and used to play Tribal Wars and points never counted for much,high points could still mean a weak player.Maybe the council could have their own rank system where growth (points)was only part of the package.Spy level,troop and naval strength,wall defence,trade interaction within the alliance and participation in general.Whew, this is getting a little complicated . Smile
Back to top Go down
vinnyo
Site Administrator
vinnyo

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:09 am

Haha well, I would be able to calculate military points...but thats pretty much it.
Back to top Go down
IceD
IceD

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 4:22 am

agree with Vinnyo...
the normal rank system only based on your total points...
and...
we used the special rank for councils and the officers only...
if we based on military points it'll take some time to update it cause we need to check it manually right?

errr....
let's see...
what can we have.....
errr....
Back to top Go down
vinnyo
Site Administrator
vinnyo

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 4:46 pm

Yea if we based on military, we would have to check it manually. This would take time as it would most likely be a daily checking of every member. :/
Back to top Go down
IceD
IceD

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 11:08 am

Soooo, what should we use?
Special rank system?
Or ordinary system?
I can make the special rank system if you like Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ali ghol
General of -L- Alliance
General of -L- Alliance
ali ghol

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 7:12 am

I think it should be a duty of our councils to give special ranks to people who are advanced in different aspects of the game. right now, maybe we have some members who are fighting but do not need to ask alliance for help. these people have potential to awarded special ranks in military section. for example when I was at the beginning of this game, although I was small but I prepared a very good army and I actively attack people Smile) the old virus wing alliance recognized me as a warrior (without a special rank) and asked me whenever anybody needed help.

why don't we ask our members to tell us what are they thinking they are good in it? war, trade, diplomacy, growth,...

let's ask them for the purpose of awarding ranks and more for making them a coach for other players Wink

Back to top Go down
vinnyo
Site Administrator
vinnyo

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 5:29 pm

Yes yes yes. I think we should have both diplomatic AND war special ranks.

Military ranks could be given by leader and general

Diplomatic ranks could be given by leader and hs and diplomat.

If a player lands us a merge, then they deserve something, just the same if someone is a war hero bailing a wing member out of occupation.

What do you guys think about this? I think this will work. Nice idea ali Smile
Back to top Go down
paladin

paladin

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 3:24 am

Good ideas,recognition of services provided would be good for morale,maybe encourage more participation from the quieter members and make Virus a stronger alliance Smile
Back to top Go down
vinnyo
Site Administrator
vinnyo

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 9:00 am

Participation from small players will be good. I will try to get a basis set up Smile
Back to top Go down
ali ghol
General of -L- Alliance
General of -L- Alliance
ali ghol

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 6:04 pm

I like new ranking names which is based on the Britain ranking Wink but of course I really do not feel the level of deference between these ranks as I can feel it when it was diamond, gold, silver etc Wink but let's keep it for a while Smile

and While I am waiting for new Ideas about special ranks in military section, I am going to propose ranks such as: Devil Killer (an Aggressive fighter), Dark Night (a moderate fighter), White Paladin (a calm fighter) these ranks are based on the bloodshed some one made or is making Smile)

How do you think?
Back to top Go down
vinnyo
Site Administrator
vinnyo

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:40 pm

GREAT IDEA ali!!!!!!!!

Nice work so far. Maybe base a couple on not only offensive military, but defense and protection. Such as Purple Badges (American Injury in War badge), or maybe something for saving someone from occupation.
Back to top Go down
IceD
IceD

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:28 am

that's a good idea... Very Happy
however, I think we'll use that rank for special rank after we conduct a war...

but..err...

let's just see the other opinion Razz
and try the poll system Razz
Back to top Go down
ali ghol
General of -L- Alliance
General of -L- Alliance
ali ghol

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 7:55 pm

Thanks to your support Smile)

BTW I do agree with a defensive ranks. what about these ranks:

1. Holly Shield (someone who received or is receiving too many attacks but never defeated in any attack)

2. Metal Shield (someone who received or is receiving too many attacks for a small numbers let the others to defeat him/her)

3. Wooden shield ( some one who can be ranked as some one with some defeats and some victories in his/ her defenses)

(I am not sure with these names if they are correct in English or not, please correct them if they are wrong)

and for those who are saviors for occupation or port blocking situation:

1. Jesus the Savior (one with too many saviors)

2. Teresa the Helper (one with some helps)

3. (any suggestion for some one with a little helps?)

and for a person who is good in sea wars:

1. Sea's Emperor (one who is excellent in sea wars)

2. Sea's Shark/ Shark (one who is good in sea wars)

3. Sea's Octopus/ Octopus (one who is not bad in sea wars)

I am waiting for any suggestion Smile)

Back to top Go down
vinnyo
Site Administrator
vinnyo

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:13 am

Okay....the only interference with English is in the "Savior" section.

Please don't try to go towards one religion, as it may offend some members...

And Dont just make the same award just with less degrees. Make ONE award for each section but only give it if someone did something AMAZING!
Back to top Go down
vinnyo
Site Administrator
vinnyo

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:20 am

Like this:

for example (you make your own)

Golden Sword:
Given to one who has shown outstanding military strategies and toughness when on the battlefield. (You really don';t need more then one)

Metal Shield:
Given to someone who has acted as a wall to guard themselves and others.

Bleeding Heart Badge:
Given to someone who has given up the lives of their own people to save other members from occupation or military stalemate.

Water Stallion Badge:
Given to someone who has shown great strategy and bravery at sea and invasions involving navy.

These are just some ideas. I hope they help. (Please change some stuff around haha. Like the names arent that good :/ i was just showing you how to only make it one badge for each aspect of warfare.)
Back to top Go down
gregsm

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 5:36 am

I really like Ali's idea of a special ranking for a significant military accomplishment or victory. Perhaps we can name them for medals, for example:

Medal of Honor for occupying a strong opponent, or

Medal of Freedom for successfully withstanding an overwhelming attack, or a

Purple Heart for Sacrificing Troops to help a comrade.

I like all the ideas presented so far.
Back to top Go down
paladin

paladin

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:10 pm

Some very good suggestions,maybe run some more polls on what names members would like for honours and medals,if anything it might encourage more visits to the forum. pirat
Back to top Go down
vinnyo
Site Administrator
vinnyo

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:50 pm

Haha yes gregsm. I came up with that idea :/

And, I dont want to use the american terminology. More of an individual naming thing. But the same rewards, but different name for the medals.
Back to top Go down
gregsm

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:23 am

Oops, guess I should have read more thoroughly! Well, anyways, I like the general idea (regardless of who thought of it!). Recognition of heroic acts will encourage people to participate in our military conflicts. Perhaps there can also be a medal of some sort for people who accumulate points rapidly. Perhaps this will encourage members to increase their point totals and our rankings.
Back to top Go down
ali ghol
General of -L- Alliance
General of -L- Alliance
ali ghol

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: a combined system   Rankings System I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:37 pm

well one rank for every category makes people with even a little accomplishments to think they deserve to nominate for it. actually they are in some way right

on the other hand different ranks in a category make it hard to choose who is good for what rank and I should work too hard to make sure everybody receives what he/she deserves. and also the lower ranks maybe make people disappointed

I changed my mind and now I am going to propose an Idea which incorporates the strength of two proposed ranking systems and lower their disadvantages:

2 ranks in every category:

1- a rank for everybody who do even a little thing according to the category description: this make people happy because even their little job will be praised and this rank will work more like a grouping method (of course we can have some combined ranks for people who participate in different categories)

2- an outstanding rank for one who did a very brilliant job according to the category description: this rank will be awarded on very special occasions and by the approval of Virus councils. this rule prevent members with ordinary accomplishments to think they deserve the outstanding rank.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rankings System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rankings System   Rankings System I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rankings System
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Legionnaire :: Other Categories...-
Jump to: